> Another example is the chinese has no definite
> sorting order, period. The commonly used scheme are
> phonetic-based or stroke-based. Since many characters
> have more than one pronounciations (context sensitive)
> and more than one forms (simplified and traditional).
> So if we have a mix content from china and taiwan, it
> is impossible to sort in a way everyone will feel happy

If this is the case, how would a regex like "^[a-zA-Z]" work (or other, more
sensitive characters)? If just about anything can come between A and Z, and
letters that might be there in a particular locale aren't in another locale,
then how will regex engine make the distinction? Will it have to create it's
own locale-specific character table?
Grant M.
(is it just me, or is this looking more and more painful).