On Monday 06 August 2001 02:17 am, Uri Guttman wrote:
> dan has ordered^Wsuggested that the op code be a 32 bit value. he didn't
> like the escape code and 16 bits was too small a space. but i haven't
> heard him spell out the op code dispatch design for that. so, here is a
> way to use a 32 bit op code and support dynamic loading of byte code and
> their private op code space.

{snip}

I probably misunderstood, but I thought that was a no-go.

(Couple http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg02994.html
with Dan wanting the opcodes to practically be byte codes (or versa vice),
particularly to able to mmap code in read only and run straight from that.)

It could be that part of the "fixup" is to convert from bytes to wider ops,
or something similar.  If that's the case, I can patch the code and rerun it.

--
Bryan C. Warnock
[EMAIL PROTECTED]