  >> BTW, I am not sure it has been mentioned already. We should enfore
  >> {} even for single line block. Since we use plenty of macros that
  >> may be expanded to multi lines, it is much safer and consistent
  >> to always use {}.

  DS> Absolutely. No single-line blocks--everything must have {} around it.

i am in total favor of that idea. but i recall seeing something around
here saying the exact opposite, that dangling conditionals are
allowed. maybe a search of the archives could dig it up but i have no
idea what search terms to use. in any case there are many good reason to
require {} (in fact i can't even code c condtionals without them, too
integrated into my coding style).

so we should make a (correct!) final decision on this and add it to the
style pdd.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com