Simon Cozens sent the following bits through the ether:

> If you don't know what Python's CodeObjects look like, I suggest
> you go see it now.

I've been spendind a lot of time recently looking at the Java
classfile specification. Yes, they were trying to optimise for space,
but there are some interesting pieces. For example, the actual
bytecode for a method is a "Code" attribute[1] attached to the method
(other attributes such as line number information etc. can also be
part of it). The constant pool is the scary part, but interesting. Why
not have a look, although we may want to generalise a bit more:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/html/ClassFile.doc.html

Leon

[1] No, attributes aren't limited to four characters. Let's
    be modern about this...
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
Iterative Software...........http://www.iterative-software.com/

... Error 15 - Unable to exit Windows. Try the door