On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 09:53:23PM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:31:11PM -0500, Gibbs Tanton - tgibbs wrote:
> > 8.  I would love someone to test it on Tru64 and Win32.
>
> Testing anything on Tru64 is currently impossible, as Jarkko has pointed
> out. I'm still trying to wrap my branes around how to fix that. However,

"Doctor, doctor, it hurts if I dereference quadwords on dualword offsets."
"Don't do it, then."
"What do you mean, doctor?"
"Well, either you dereference quadwords, or you don't reference dualwords."
"Huh?"
"Either you write quadwords to begin with so that you can dereference
them as quadwords, or you have to bytecopy the dualwords to quadwords
so that you can dereference them as quadwords.  Beware of byteorder
and endianness."
"Either way still sounds rather painful, doctor."
"That's the price of portability, I'm afraid."

Sorry, couldn't help myself :-)

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen