At 09:02 AM 9/24/2001 -0500, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>I'm just curious, is there a plan for how closures will work in Parrot?

When we create a PMC for a subroutine, it'll grab onto the scratchpad
that's in effect, and that scratchpad has a link to its parent, and so on.
When the last pointer to a scratchpad goes away then everything in it gets
cleaned up the next GC run.

We may get a little fancier depending on what's in the closure--we don't
need unreferenced variables if there's no eval in the closure, for example.