At 10:46 AM 9/24/2001 -0400, Michael Maraist wrote:
>Why aren't we just using the perl5 memory manager?

Because it's not what I ultimately want, or what Parrot ultimately needs.
That and it would've been more work than it was worth when Parrot was first
set up. (We don't *do* much, so I didn't see the harm in leaking if the
leaks are caused by behind-the-scenes stuff)

It, or a variant on it, might make a good interim allocator. If someone
wants to go for it, I'm fine with that.