Jason Diamond:
# I'm having trouble building the latest parrot sources from
# CVS on Windows
# 2000. The Configure.pl script ran fine but after running
# nmake test_prog.exe
# I'm getting an error while compiling core_ops.c:
#
# core_ops.c(370) : error C2065: 'S_IRUSR' : undeclared identifier
# core_ops.c(370) : error C2065: 'S_IWUSR' : undeclared identifier
# core_ops.c(370) : error C2065: 'S_IRGRP' : undeclared identifier
# core_ops.c(370) : error C2065: 'S_IROTH' : undeclared identifier
#
# Are these constants that the Win32 CRT doesn't support? They
# don't seem to
# be defined anywhere in the fcntl.h file (which is where the
# other constants
# on that same line in core_ops.c seem to be defined).
#
# Is there something obvious that I missed?

No, this seems to be a case of Unix-centrism.  (I feel your pain--I'm on
Win32 too.)  I'm CCing perl6-internals on this, since I don't really
have the C experience to know what to do here.

In the mean time, if you really want to build Parrot *right now* and
don't care about the file I/O ops, you can comment out lines 143 and 148
in the 'core.ops' file and rebuild to get rid of this error.  However,
there are several other known Win32 build issues, so you'll likely have
to fiddle with things to get them to work.  (The sleep() op is another
source of such misery.)

--Brent Dax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Configure pumpking for Perl 6

When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10
empty tent and hit a camel in the butt.
    --Dubya