At 11:39 AM 11/12/2001 -0500, Ken Fox wrote:
>Simon Cozens wrote:
> > You save one level of indirection, at a large complexity
> > cost.
>
>A lot less complexity than a JIT though. 100% portable
>code too.

It's got the same sort of issue that a lot of other inlining's got, but...

In those cases where it's feasable (because, for example, a method or
package is marked as immutable) I don't see it as a problem. I don't think
it'll buy us a huge amount, but for code we translate to C and feed to a
compiler I can see it getting a not-insignificant win.

Don't expect it in the first rev, but smack me if I propose something
that'll stop it.