At 03:26 PM 12/4/2001 -0500, Adam Turoff wrote:
>The beginnings of a Parrot FAQ can be found here:

Here's some more:

Q: What language is Parrot written in?
A: C

Q: For the love of god, man, why?!?!?!?
A: Because it's the best we've got.

Q: That's sad
A: So true. Regardless, C's available pretty much everywhere. Perl 5's in
C, so we can potentially build any place perl 5 builds.

Q: Why not write it in <insert favorite language here>
A: Because of one of:
   *) Not available everywhere
   *) Limited talent pool for core programmers
   *) Not fast enough

Q: Why your own virtual machine? Why not compile to JVM/.NET?
A: Those VMs are designed for statically typed languages. That's fine,
since Java, C#, and lots of other languages are statically typed. Perl
isn't. For a variety of reasons, it means that perl would run more slowly
there than on an interpreter geared towards dynamic languages

Q: So you won't run on the JVM/.NET?