At 09:57 PM 1/6/2002 -0800, Boris Tschirschwitz wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I just implemented some opcodes for the 'GNU Scientific Library'.
>The opcodes are in the file 'gsl.ops', and tests are in 'gsl.t'
>These are very few and rather uninteresting ops, I was mostly checking if
>I know how to do it.
>I submit them already because:
>
>* I'd like to hear if you think that this is totally useless.

Absolutely not.

>* I'd like to know if something should be done completely diffently

Nope, not at the moment. You're dead-on.

>* I'll be away for a week, and I wanted to get something out, after
>   bugging you so often.
>
>There are perldoc instructions in gls.ops.

Cool.

FWIW, I haven't, and won't, apply these to the repository at the moment.
Not because they're bad--they aren't. I'm not sure of the licensing issues,
though. (You'd need to link against GSL, and I'm not sure if that's GPL or
LGPL) Once we have dynamically-loaded opcode libs, this'll be much less of
an issue.