Jonathan Stowe:
# -     if(!(targ=Parrot_sprintf_c(interpreter, "%S at %S line
# %d.\n", targ, interpreter->current_file,
# interpreter->current_line))) {
# +     if(!(targ=Parrot_sprintf_c(interpreter, (const char
# *)"%S at %S line %d.\n", targ, interpreter->current_file,
# interpreter->current_line))) {

To quote Configure, WHOA THERE!

IT SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY TO CAST A CONSTANT STRING WHEN THAT'S THE
EXPECTED PARAMETER.  We should change the type rathar then requiring
casts.  How does the system sprintf do this?

When it becomes necessary to cast stuff like this, the warnings
completely lose their usefulness and might as well be turned off.  I
have serious qualms about the usefulness of cast-qual warnings, because
they bitch about stuff like this.  The code will be clearer and more
compact without the cast.

--Brent Dax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Parrot Configure pumpking and regex hacker
Check out the Parrot FAQ: http://www.panix.com/~ziggy/parrot.html (no,
it's not mine)

<obra> mmmm. hawt sysadmin chx0rs
<lathos> This is sad. I know of *a* hawt sysamin chx0r.
<obra> I know more than a few.
<lathos> obra: There are two? Are you sure it's not the same one?