Simon Cozens writes:
: Gregor N. Purdy:
: > I was only involved in a small amount of 'key' discussion. FWIW, I
: > would have thought the KEY_PAIR thingee was for (array) slice ranges,
: > not multidimensional indexing...
:
: Then it's doubly mis-named, because KEY_PAIR holds a single key, not a
: pair of anything, and KEY holds a bunch of KEY_PAIRs.

I just think of multidimensionality as another "list of" dimension on
top of the slices.  Alternately, you can think of it as another
dimension on each leaf that turns each scalar into a list.  But the
extra dimension has to sneak in there somewhere if we're to allow
multidimensional slicing.

Larry