With the SCO development kit compiler :

[pigment.dircon.net] $ perl ./Configure.pl
Parrot Version 0.0.3 Configure
Copyright (C) 2001-2002 Yet Another Society

Since you're running this script, you obviously have
Perl 5--I'll be pulling some defaults from its configuration.

Checking the MANIFEST to make sure you have a complete Parrot kit...

Okay, we found everything.  Next you'll need to answer
a few questions about your system.  Defaults are in square
brackets, and you can hit enter to accept them.  If you
don't want the default, type a new value in.  If that new
value starts with a '+', it will be concatenated to the
default value.

What C compiler do you want to use? [cc]
How about your linker? [ld]
What flags would you like passed to your C compiler? [-U M_XENIX -D
PERL_SCO -D
PERL_SCO5 -w0 -belf]
What flags would you like passed to your linker? [ -L/usr/local/lib]
Which libraries would you like your C compiler to include? [-lintl
-lsocket -lns
l -lndbm -ldbm -lld -lm -lc -lcrypt -lPW -lx]
How big would you like integers to be? [long]
And your floats? [double]
What is your native opcode type? [long]

Now I have to find out what opcode files you would like to compile into
your
Parrot.

The following opcode files are available:
core.ops io.ops obscure.ops rx.ops

WARNING: Bad Things may happen if the first file on the list isn't
core.ops.

WARNING: These file names will not be checked for spelling, and typing
them
         wrong will force you to run Configure again.

WARNING: I worry way too much about Configure users.

Which opcode files would you like? [core.ops io.ops rx.ops]

Determining if your C compiler is actually gcc (this could take a while):

Odd number of elements in hash assignment at ./Configure.pl line 360,
<STDIN> ch
unk 9.
Use of uninitialized value at ./Configure.pl line 360, <STDIN> chunk 9.

The test program didn't give the expected result - assuming your compiler
is
not gcc.

Probing Perl 5's configuration to determine which headers you have (this
could
take a while on slow machines)...

Determining C data type sizes by compiling and running a small C program
(this
could take a while):

  Building ./test.c                       from test_c.in...
Odd number of elements in hash assignment at ./Configure.pl line 505.
Use of uninitialized value at ./Configure.pl line 505.
Use of uninitialized value at ./Configure.pl line 513.
Use of uninitialized value at ./Configure.pl line 513.
Use of uninitialized value at ./Configure.pl line 542.
Use of uninitialized value at ./Configure.pl line 545.
Use of uninitialized value at ./Configure.pl line 545.
Configure.pl:  Unable to find a suitable packtype for intvalsize.

I'll take a poke at it - this should be considered FYI rather than
something that should stop 0.04 ;-}

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe                      |