Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Russ Allbery:

> # POSIX reserves all types ending in _t.  I'm not sure that extends to
> # struct tags, but it may still be better to use _s or something else
> # instead to avoid potential problems.

> My understanding is that it only reserves types that start with 'int' or
> 'uint' and end with '_t'.  You might wanna check that, though...

I believe that's the C standard.  I thought POSIX went farther and
reserved everything.  Interestingly, however, it looks like the just
released current version of POSIX has backed away from that and instead
only reserves certain prefixes depending on the header files included and
reserves posix_*, POSIX_*, and _POSIX_* everywhere.

> Besides, what's the probability it'll be a problem if we prefix all
> struct names with 'parrot_'?

Very low.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>