Melvin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I would expect that should be fine, stdarg is one of the 4 headers that
> are guaranteed by ANSI C89 even on a free standing environment (read
> embedded targets, etc.)

> Its integral to C, and if you don't have it, I suppose the question
> would be why we should port to it.

Basically, whether you can use <stdarg.h> is directly tied to whether you
want to support K&R compilers.  If you want to support K&R, you have to
allow for the possibility of <varargs.h> instead.  If you are willing to
require an ANSI C compiler (which I believe was the decision already
made), <stdarg.h> is safe.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>