On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 12:18:14PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 9:53 PM +0200 5/15/02, Peter Gibbs wrote:
> >The attached patch is the next set of proposed changes to the memory
> >management routines, with the copy-on-write logic removed.
>
> Peter, did these go in?

I don't think so, and I don't have time to properly test at the
moment.

But on a related note, what's the status of allowing the COW stuff in?
Peter has done some benchmarking (not much but more than people do for
anything else) and has so far only shown speedups.

(And I've been writing perl5 code recently that would have been much
simpler if I knew the core was doing COW so I didn't have to worry
about several useless tens-of-MB copies per operation.)

Essentially, what benchmarking or other legwork needs to be done to
get COW in?