On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 06:01:56PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Seriously though - is it possible to automate testing how many ops don't
> have tests? That way we could have a test that looked for untested ops, and
> failed if any weren't tested.
> I guess it couldn't easily be very sophisticated, in that it would really only
> have to verify that all ops were mentioned somewhere in the body of a test,
> but I think it could be quite useful.

Or looking at it from the other end... automated coverage analysis
of executed code would be a useful addition. Post processing the
results could yield per-op, or at least per pmc, coverage value.
I know coverage analysis isn't perfect but for ops in particular
the devil is in the details and the edge cases are important.

Tim.