Brent Dax wrote:
> Unfortunately, I only got two replies to my earlier message asking for
> guinea pigs (thanks to those who did reply), so there are probably
> cross-platform bugs still lurking in the depths of the new system.

  Following problem on Win32 with MSVC++ 6:

  perl Configure.pl

    Checking MANIFEST...done.
    Setting up Configure's data structures...done.
    Determining what C compiler and linker to use...done.
    Determining what types Parrot should use...done.
    Determining what opcode files should be compiled in...done.
    Setting up experimental systems...done.
    Probing for C headers...done.
    Determining some sizes...done.
    Computing native byteorder for Parrot's wordsize...done.
    Figuring out how to pack() Parrot's types...done.
    Figuring out what formats should be used for sprintf...done.
    Determining if your C compiler is actually gcc...done.
    Determining architecture, OS and JIT capability...done.
    Verifying that the compiler supports function pointer casts...done.
    Determining if your compiler supports computed goto...done.
    Generating config.h...done.
    Writing Parrot::Config module...done.
    Generating Makefiles...done.
    Moving platform files into place...done.
    Okay, we're done!

  nmake

    Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance-Dienstprogramm: Version 6.00.8168.0
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

    NMAKE : fatal error U1073: 'config_h.in' konnte nicht erstellt werden
    Stop.

  Which means that 'config_h.in' could not be created.

--
  Sebastian Bergmann
  http://sebastian-bergmann.de/                 http://phpOpenTracker.de/

  Did I help you? Consider a gift: http://wishlist.sebastian-bergmann.de/