At 9:54 AM +0200 6/14/02, Aldo Calpini wrote:
>you would
>not be able, for example, to inspect the call stack from inside a Parrot
>program anymore.

That, unfortunately, makes it untenable, since we need to be able to
do this in the general case. Also, we'll fill up the thread stack
pretty quickly. Not hugely fast, mind, but it's still an issue when
we have a potentially small stack on hand. (20-40K won't be unusual,
unfortunately)

Believe me, I'd love to get the speed this way, but it'll make some
code untenable, and the lack of stack inspection may be a problem.
(If it turns out later to not be a problem, well, we can do it then.
I like the idea, I just think the limits'll be a problem. Hopefully
I'm wrong :)