Sean O'Rourke wrote:
> ... all it buys you is a few bits of precision when your ints
> and floats are both 64-bit, and slower comparisons all the time.
> IMHO it's a wash, so I did it this way.

I would point out that integers have infinite precision.
More than a few bits' difference, I'd say.

But you're right.  As long as the conversion from int to float
is done just before the comparison -- i.e. no intervening
floating-point ops on the numbers -- then the result of
comparison should always be right, no precision issue.
(I'm just talking about in the int-vs-int case.)
So, never mind. :-)

--
JohnDouglasPorter