At 05:47 PM 7/22/2002 +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > Opefully, this can be accepted ;)
>
>Do pmc files get turned pretty directly into C code?

Yep.

>And if pmc files get turned pretty directly into C code, do the C++ style
>comments stay in there? If yes and yes, then the patch won't be acceptable
>as is. We need to use /* */ comments only, as // isn't valid in C89.

Right, as usual.

>(apart from that I don't know enough about anything perl6 to know whether
>this is a good idea, and if so whether this is the best way to implement the
>idea. Someone else knowledgeable will have to comment)

I think boolean is a language dependant thing and probably shouldn't
be implemented as a PMC. For some languages, boolean can be optimized
all the way down to the JIT level, and I'm not sure which languages would
actually want to use it as a PMC.

But keep those patches coming! :)

-Melvin