At 7:43 AM +1000 10/24/02, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
Steve Fink wrote:

     - Stratospheric rehydrocalibration amplifiers for the .NET people
       (er... or something; I can't remember what they needed)
The ability to embed arbitrary data in a pbc file under a
named section.  This data needs to be readable by the program
when it runs, but is otherwise ignored by the rest of Parrot.
Right, good call. This'll make perl's named embedded filehandles (__DATA__ and suchlike things--I'm pretty sure Larry and Damian have Evil Things in mind for this at some point in perl 6) a lot easier as well.

A binary data chunk section with named directory for it (per bytecode segment, I think) would work pretty well for this. I don't think we'll need it writable, though. Hopefully not, though there is the potential for interesting things if it is.

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even