If memory serves me right, Markus Laire wrote:
> Miniparrot can then be used to build everything else, including full
> parrot, perl6, other parrot-supported languaged, etc..
>
> This 2nd step might be e.g. Bytecode-compiled perl6-program which is
> simple enough to work with miniparrot.

Please for heaven's sake don't write a perl6 compiler in perl6 ... It's
*very* frustrating if I have to download version 1 to compile 1.1 and
so on... (imagine compiling CVS head with a chain of older stuff) ...
And even that is suspect when the fingerprinting and other stuff changes
the binary packfile format ... (stuff like additional blobs or blocs have
been discussed lately).... I have seen instances where a fix to support
feature "x" will need feature "x" to compile .... Dependency hellhole..
This is especially true as parrot doesn't have a fully functional reference
implementation (like gcc using cc) to start a bootstrap .....

But yeah, I don't have any solutions either ...

Gopal