On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 05:09:43PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 5:03 PM -0500 12/3/02, Michael Collins wrote:
> >The principal coders, do they work on this project full-time?
>
> Not for pay, no. I'm not sure anyone works on it full-time, though I
> may come closest.

The perl foundation was able to provide some grants towards work on this
project and perl6. However, fund raising wasn't sufficient to keep grants
going full time.

> >And is there any source of funding for this project?
>
> Nope.

Well, the perl foundation gave grants based on the cash pledges it received
(via http://www.perlfoundation.org/index.cgi?page=contrib )

> >The website states that Dan Sugalski is the principal designer but there seem
> >to be many coders who contribute significantly.
> >
> >How did the principal coders receive their designation?

However, if people not yet involved feel they want to offer to contribute
something to the project, time (working on things that need doing) is more
valuable than money, in my opinion. (Both are nice, but if it's one or the
other, directed time will get things further). My opinion is my opinion -
I'm not anything official on the parrot project, nor am I anything in the
perl foundation.

Nicholas Clark