On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 09:40:26AM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> Did I already say 'dubious'?
> All failing tests are floatingpoint, all use the fp_eq macro (though a
> lot more tests use this macro and don't fail). But that's all. No common
> schme beyond above, why tests fail.
>
> Could you set FLOAT_REGISTERS_TO_MAP to 0 near the end of
> jit/i386/jit_emit.h? (Maybe there are some FP issues, which the compiler
> can workaround but JIT isn't aware of)

All tests successful, 18 subtests skipped.
Files=42, Tests=581, 4740 wallclock secs (101.76 cusr + 176.36 csys = 278.12 CPU)

> Tracking this further down would need some extensive debug sessions on
> this machine, which would currently imply to prepare pasm's w/o macros
> and empty lines.

In theory I can do extensive debugging sessions if I know what I'm looking
for. As is, I can't make the machine accessible to anyone as it's sitting on
the floor on a private Ethernet network without any direct or NATted
connection to the outside world. The easiest way to make it externally
accessible is to temporarily ship the motherboard (and 4 harddisks) to a case
sitting somewhere on someone else's permanent connection. Except that then I
can't use it while offline.

Nicholas Clark