On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> Andy Dougherty (via RT) wrote:
>
> > In this case, I suspect it's failing to match "pIt", which was recently
> > added to interpeter.c:setup_default_compreg().
>
> Nothing to suspect here ;-)
> In "[CVS ci] eval #1" I wrote:
>
> Missing and left for an exercise for Joe Other Parrothacker:
> build_nativecall.pl lacks to handle an 'I' signature type, the
> interpreter should be pushed on the stack. Also the signature "pIt" is
> missing. So eval runs only on jit/i386 now.

Ah, I see.  That's reasonable.  Certainly you've done lots and lots; we
can't expect you to do everything.

> I think we can stand 3 failing tests for one or two days, when the
> reason is well known.

Well, it's more like there are perhaps 3 passing tests; everything else
fails :-).  That's one reason I didn't find your earlier message
describing this problem.  It wasn't obvious to me that this massive
failure of nearly everything was due to "eval", so I didn't think to look
for messages in that thread.

What I was actually hoping was that after suggesting a fix to cpu_dep.c
yesterday to get it to at least compile, I could check the tinderbox today
and see if my suggested fix worked.  I can see my fix got cpu_dep.c to
compile, but I don't know if it would also have passed any tests.

Oh, well.  I'm sorry I don't have much time to dig in myself and fix
things.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]