  AB> I suggest you disable signals during the queue operations, take
  AB> out the lock, do the work, drop the lock then reenable signals.

that is just how the kernel does interrupt handling. i did the same in
an rtos eons ago. drivers could do queue stuff safely because they first
disabled interrupts and reenabled them when done. sounds like a good
plan and doable in user space with signal stuff. sigblock and sigsetmask
seem to the the calls to use. dunno if they are on windows but i don't
think they have proper signals at all.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com