Finally got some feedback through IRC--trans.t and object.t were
failing.  object.t works for me (miracle of miracles, considering the
other test failures on Windows), but trans.t was easy to figure out--I'd
copied the transcendental ops from core.ops and never pasted them into
math.ops.  *rolls eyes*

Anyway, a corrected patch that fixes the trans.t errors is up at
<http://filespace.brentdax.com/brentdax/coresplit.diff>.  If it doesn't
apply the first time, try splitting the patch into several files and
applying them individually--apparently some copies of patch have trouble
with such a big diff.

I encourage people to test it out and tell me both how well it works and
what they think of the arrangement.

TIA,
--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

"Yeah, and my underwear is flame-retardant--that doesn't mean I'm gonna
set myself on fire to prove it."