Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> Benjamin Goldberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >    class freezer {
> >    class thawer {
> >    class cloner {
>
> [ big snip ]
>
> Do you expect that these are overridden by some languages using parrot?
> I.e. that ponie tries to implement a freezer that writes output for
> Storable?

I'm not entirely sure...

For ponie to implement something that deals with Storable, then of
course it needs to output data in the same file format as Storable
does.  I haven't looked at the guts of storable, so I don't know what
that format is.

> Further: having clone implemented in terms of freeze + thaw needs
> additional memory for the intermediate frozen image. Isn't that
> suboptimal?

Only slightly -- It's just *one single* PMC's data that's stored in that
additional memory.

And if we have a seperate clone vtable method, then there's a chance
that our cloning procedure will drift apart from our freezing/thawing
procedure.

--
$a=24;split//,240513;s/\B/ => /for@@=qw(ac ab bc ba cb ca
);{push(@b,$a),($a-=6)^=1 for 2..$a/6x--$|;print "[EMAIL PROTECTED]