On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 05:20 pm, Melvin Smith wrote:

Apologies for the formatting of these replies, I'm at work with Lotus Notes.

PNI (Parrot Native Interface) is for writing native extensions in C.
So, what I meant is you can write a method for stashing a raw pointer with
the API today (probably using char *). I'm not sure if it is your preferred method,
and I understand your wariness of bytecode in this case. I was 1/2 asleep
this morning on IRC when I suggested it, not understanding the case
you were dealing with.

You can see samples that Dan has played with such as ncurses somewhere
in the examples area. (I'm still not saying you don't need API added to extend.h
though, but I'd have to be very clear on what you are asking for...)

-Melvin

I just want to be able to say

Parrot_PMC_attach_data(Parrot, PMC, *void);

so the PMC code can get to it

Arthur