At 3:42 PM -0500 12/11/03, Melvin Smith wrote:
At 03:05 PM 12/11/2003 -0500, Gordon Henriksen wrote:
Melvin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

my $foo = Oracle::Instance::DEV1::db_block_buffers;

 The namespace lookup in Oracle::Init checks the Oracle config
 parameters which is external code.

All sorts of neat possibilities. :)

It is truly remarkable the lengths that Perl programmers seem to be willing go to in order to hide a function call or obscure the existence of an object. :)

I'm not an advocate of the feature, but it is novel. Tying is a requirement of Perl, or so Dan has told me.

I'm not sure if Larry'll mandate it for perl 6, but I don't care--we're going to be able to have tied namespaces for parrot. We *must*, since that's a very good way of maintaining method caches, handling debugger data watching, and a variety of other interesting tricks one might wish to play without the knowledge of the code you're spying on or interfering with.