Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> While playing with calling threaded subs, I came along a thing which I
> think might be suboptimal:
>
> pdd03 states that the method PMC should go into P2. This doesn't
> really play with Perl5 <-> Perl6 interoperbility IMHO. Perl5 methods
> are plain subs, where the first param is the object. I dunno, if Ponie
> will ever use ParrotClass/ParrotObject, but I'm sure, that calling
> Perl6 methods should work (and vv). So me thinks that the method PMC
> should be the first PMC argument living in P5.

When I was experimenting with native methods in ParrotIO.pmc i had
also the problem that there was no way to put the P2 register to the
argument list. I don't know if this changed since then, but I had
put the object to P5.

> sub meth {
>    my ($self, $arg1) = @_;
>    #    P5    P6

This makes a method-call and a sub-call more symetric. Both a method
object and a sub object are called via
  invokecc P0
and returned with
  invoke P1
the difference between them is currently that a method will use one more
register for the data transfer: P2

bye
boe
--
Juergen Boemmels                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fachbereich Physik                      Tel: ++49-(0)631-205-2817