Melvin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 09:01 AM 1/9/2004 +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
>>Melvin, that's not the way to go. We can remove them from the lexer,
>>when we have an external substitute. Just removing it breaks a lot of
>>existing code. Failing tests may hide other problems and so on.

> Which is why I hoped people would pitch in and help fix the tests.

Its not tests only. There's already production code out there using
parrot - ask Dan or read his blog. And of course macros are used not
only in tests, they are in library code and so on.

> This is alpha code, and my approach is to do what needs to be done
> and force us to deal with it sooner than later.

That's ok. But we also had some priorities nailed down. First is to fix
current bugs and to finally implement the pdd03 changes. I know, that one
bug is related to macros, but changing the generated labels from
line-numbers to an incremented counter wil very likely fix that too.

> But, if you want macros to stay, let them stay.

Currently yes, until there is an external macro processor.

> -Melvin

leo