Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 10:22 PM +0100 1/10/04, Stéphane Payrard wrote:
>>--- classes/parrotobject.pmc.orig     2003-12-06 01:00:29.000000000 +0100
>>+++ classes/parrotobject.pmc  2004-01-10 21:09:08.000000000 +0100

> Keen. And, while worth applying, I'm not sure it
> should go to parrotobject.

It is already applied.

> ... (Or, rather, I think
> it ought not, and should instead be applied to
> default or one of the array/hash base classes
> instead)

The ParrotObject attribute accessors are mainly wrappers only adding the
reserved internal count and then passing the method on to the array.
The keyed_str variants additionally do a lookup for the attribute index
first.

> Access to actual attribute slots for a PMC ought
> be done through a separate vtable entry. I'm not
> sure if I've talked about this any in the past,
> but even if I have objects have dragged on so
> long I'm not surprised nobody remembers.

I'm pretty sure that attribute access wasn't mentioned yet. So I had
implemented integers some time ago. Please have a look at

  t/pmc/object*.t

for some experiments with attribute access syntax (and even a method
call). I had also asked about attribute name mangling, but the thread
drifted off towards globals name mangling, so this is still not
addressed.

leo