* Harry ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [040118 05:06]:

> --- Paul Cochrane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yeah, I don't think you're going crazy.  The funny thing is that
> > about a three
> > weeks ago my cvs checkout worked fine.  I did a cvs update, and then
> > Configure.pl didn't work[1], so I re-checkedout the whole source tree
> > again, and
> > basically that was when the problems started.  So, my guess is that
> > something
> > snuck in only recently.
> > I'm using Gentoo linux, and I'm not going to install Yellowdog or
> > whatever just to sort this problem out. (sorry).
>
> Chromatic has currently got the exact same problem as you now and Leo
> is trying to help get it sorted. Email the list if you are still
> getting the problem with version numbers of gcc etc.

I know I'm a bit late replying, but yeah, parrot hangs on the tests on my
machine too, although, where it once hung on the arithmetic tests, it now
hangs on the t/src/extend test.

System info:
Gentoo Linux PPC

uname -a:
Linux <snip> 2.4.19-r6 #7 Tue Apr 22 16:54:53 EST 2003 ppc  740/750 GNU/Linux

gcc -v:
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

perl -v:
This is perl, v5.8.0 built for powerpc-linux

I hope that this information is of use.  If anyone wants any more info, or
more detailed stuff, then just let me know.

Later

Paul