Duh. Rereading that I can see I got my numbers in a twist. I've been adding them where missing.

On 22 Jan 2004, at 19:39, Dan Sugalski wrote:

At 2:06 PM +0100 1/19/04, Michael Scott wrote:
Some files have CVS version $Id strings, some don't.

While tidying up the documentation I'm visiting every file. I can either:

1) add them when missing
2) remove them when present
3) do nothing

I was inclined to (1) until I reflected that it did preserve a relation between local and repository versions. Say one has a number of different check outs of the distribution, then the $Id strings might come in handy to distinguish between them. So in the end I incline to (2).

Does anyone have strong feelings either way?

Leave the CVS version strings in. They get automagically updated on checkin and it's a useful way to see which version of a file you have.

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even