On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:59:26 -0500, Gordon Henriksen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
>It doesn't matter if an int field could read half of a double or v.v.;
>it won't crash the program. Only pointers matter.
<snip>
>These rules ensure that dereferencing a pointer will not segfault.
In this model, wouldn't catching the segfault and retrying (once or
twice) work? - If I'm reading you correctly, which is unlikely, this
has little to do with program correctness, but about the interpreter
not crashing because of an unfortunate context switch.. which the
programmer should have guarded against in the first place... no, I
think I just lost the plot again ;-)

Pete