Jerome Quelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,

> While looking at Chromatic's anim_parrot_logo.imc (in examples/sdl), I
> was wondering why the includes weren't at the same place. Indeed, the
> source reads:

One include is inlined init code, while the other has subroutines.

> And two more imcc questions:
> - why using .pcc_sub instead of .sub? What is the difference? Which is
> best/should be used?

They are equivalent in PIR code, plain ".sub" is the prefered syntax.
PASM code still needs

  .pcc_sub _label:

to denote a global sub entry. Might be ".entry _label:" somewhen.

> - isn't there a kind of "return" imcc op instead of .pcc_begin_return /
> .pcc_end_return.

.macro .ret_void
  .pcc_begin_return
  .pcc_end_return
.endm

should do it.

> ... I found the .return imcc op in imcc/README but it
> fails with "error:imcc:parse error, unexpected '\n'". Is it to be used
> only when returning something (ie, returning nothing isn't allowed?)

 .return item

is used inside above return pairs to return something from the sub.

> Jérôme

leo