----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Sugalski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 3:29 PM
Subject: Objects and time

> Okay, I've just trodden on one of the nasty bits of objects, proper
> ordering of classes for initialization and destruction in the face of
> multiple inheritance. I'm doing the only sensible thing at the
> moment--I'm actively ignoring it. I've burned a few hours chasing
> down this rathole.
>
> So, the question--shall we do objects and maybe miss the Feb 29th
> release, or do the Feb 29th release and do objects for the next
> release? As I think I'm only a little while off (maybe a day or so)
> from getting it working, I'm tempted to take a miss on the nice date
> in favor of a release with Good Stuff in it, but I'm flexible there.
>
> Time to weigh in on it, though in this case the decision's up to the
> Release Manager, so direct your on-list arguments to Leo. :)

Maybe we should go for a Feb 29th release, and then do objects for the next
release and call that 0.1.  If 0.1 is going to be a milestone of sorts, I
feel the object stuff going in should be well documented and have tests and
examples.  It'd also be good to have feedback from the various platforms
we'd like them to work on, and some time for people to toy with them a
little to spot any little quirks.  If there's a push to get a release done,
I fear that may not happen.  Of course, there may be no push to do a
release, in which case I don't object to holding off until it's really
ready.

Jonathan