Paul Cochrane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Leopold Toetsch ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [040228 23:59]:
>>
>> $ perl Configure.pl --define=inet_aton
>> $ make && make test

> Done, and it works ok.  Sorry this is late, I didn't check my mail over the
> weekend.

Fine - no problem.

> it looks jittable, but not able to be executed,

$ parrot -j examples/assembly/mops.pasm

should show huge improvements in execution time, *if* JIT works.

$ make testj

runs all tests JITted.

The EXEC core is more complicated, it has to build a native executable
from scratch.

> ... and it's not using native
> signals.

Signal initialization code isn't yet in platforms. But you can do a
short test:

   newsub P20, .Exception_Handler, _handler
   set_eh P20
   sleep 10
   end
_handler:
   print "intr\n"
   end

If running this is stopped by pressing <ctrl-C> and prints the text,
catching the SIGINT works.

> cc: Info: ../include/parrot/config.h, line 62: In this declaration, type long
> double has the same representation as type double on this platform.
> (longdoublenyi)
> typedef long double HUGEFLOATVAL;
> --------^

We probably need a configure hint, if "long double" is a distinct type.

> Paul

leo