On Thursday 04 March 2004 06:38, Will Coleda wrote:
> When dumping a PMC type that isn't one dumper knows about, this small
> patch changes it to print out a name in addition to the number, so we
> get:
>
> (Honestly, I'd prefer just the name, but I presume the original author
> wanted the number for a reason)
Shame on me, I didn't know that there is a typeof_s_p OP... :-)

> bash-2.05a$ cat foo.imc
> .pcc_sub main prototyped
>    $P1 = new ParrotIO
>    _dumper($P1)
>    end
> .end
> .include "library/dumper.imc"
> bash-2.05a$ ./parrot foo.imc
> "VAR1" => unknown-type(pmc #26:ParrotIO)
This can know be changed to print something like
"VAR1" => ParrotIO { ... }
Then its possible to remove the special handling of the Sub object.

My next plan is to implement some optional parameters like a maximum recursion
deep and an array of PMCs not to recursively dump, in order to ease the
usesage with large data structures.

Printing some more information for ParrotIO, ParrotClass, ParrotObject,
OrderedHash, ManagedStruct and UnManagedStruct is also on my TODO list.
I have no idea how to dump the last three types, can anyone give me a hint?

jens