At 3:36 PM +0100 3/4/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
I've run these 2 tests below.

Results don't look really good.
- Parrot consumes ever increasing memory, so it can't even run up to 100000
- its slow (unoptimized build for now - but that doesn't matter yet)
- Parrot is leaking a vtable per new class and worse per new instance
- I'm currently trying to avoid the vtable_clone for new objects with some success - I still have some test errors related to can or type.

Damn. Okay, I'm going to spend today digging into the object stuff to try and track down the leaks. Something's not right in there, as the DOD and GC ought to be reclaiming the dead memory.

Are these 2 programs somehow equivalent?

Yeah, they're about the same, though the class lookup is cached so it shouldn't have to be done every time through.