Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Renaming did it.  freeze/thaw for PerlNum checked in, with test.

Fine, thanks.

> The first time I ran tests after compiling, I got a failure in
> t/pmc/signals.t--it thought that no tests had run, and the harness
> eventually reported 12/6 subtests of signals.t failed.  Immediately
> re-running make test came out fine; I added the new PerlNum test to
> freeze.t and ran it a third time, which also passed.  I guess it was a
> fluke.

It's mainly a problem with the test script (and likely timing of
that). The test is of course a big hack.

>> Yep. Albeit newer gcc versions seem to be faster.

>      [EMAIL PROTECTED]/~/parrot% gcc -v
>      Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4/specs
>      gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)

Pah. That's a really new one ;)

$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

But ony my laptop I have:

gcc-version 3.3.3 20040110 (prerelease) (Debian)

> So my compiler's almost as old as Parrot itself.  Typical Debian.  A
> project for the weekend, perhaps...

$ apt-get install gcc # w. appropriate sources.list?

leo