I've fixed up the dependency problem in the makefile generation that was getting in the way of multithreaded makes. Shouldn't cause any problems, but it never hurts to double-check these things elsewhere.

Also, as I've been poking around in the make code, I'm finding myself less and less enamored of what's in there. There's far too much dependency information embedded in make syntax, and not nearly enough metainformation about what needs doing. This is going to make generalizing things and replacing make a pain, and it's definitely going to cause us problems as we have more and more platform-specific build tweaking that needs to be done.