On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 14:51, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 8:08 PM +0200 4/28/04, Jerome Quelin wrote:
> >Dan Sugalski wrote:
> >[...]
> >>  CTIME             Creation time
> >
> >Will unixen use this for change time? (also spelled ctime too)
>
> Nope, for that they use mtime. We can expand the names to skip the confusion.

*scratch head*... I'll dig out a man-page 'cause I don't want to sign on
to the POSIX site just this sec:

      time_t        st_atime;    /* time of last access */
      time_t        st_mtime;    /* time of last modification */
      time_t        st_ctime;    /* time of last change */

There's no creation time listed, and mtime and ctime are most certainly
not the same thing. Now, if you want to add a creation time, that's
fine, but I recommend against calling it ctime, as that's a sort of well
defined word in these parts.

> >Should be OWNER_CD?
> >Should be SYSTEM_CD?
> >Should be OTHER_CD?
>
> Yep. Cut'n'paste error. :(

I didn't even see that. Being dyslexic, my eye skips over that kind of
error very easily. I just see it as my own mistake ;-)

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith