Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 06:25:50PM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>> register each PMC with C<Parrot_register_pmc()>.
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> But I suspect that there will be embedders of parrot who want to do this -
> register only 1 or 2 PMCs

The answer is above. If the run loop is entered the first time, the
stack top is automatically set to the run loops level. That's it. All
PMCs that are created before have to be registered manually. Or - if you
are really creating just a few PMCs turn of DOD/GC. Parrot does it
currently in the compiler.

>> Ugly. Can't the linker hide it?

> Probably yes on most platforms, but the usual problem for perl is that it
> has to remain horribly portable,

Ok, ok. We'll have to prefix all globally visible symbols.

> Nicholas Clark

leo