Jens Rieks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> cvsuser     04/05/19 14:14:39

>   Modified:    src      dynext.c packfile.c
>   Log:
>   added experimental parrotlib code that is used if _PARROTLIB is defined

I know that's too early to comment much WRT these changes. Could you
please outline the goals that you want to achieve?

>    Parrot_load_lib(Interp *interpreter, STRING *lib, PMC *initializer)
>    {
>   +#if defined(_PARROTLIB)
>   +    return Parrot_library_query(interpreter, "load_lib", lib, initializer);
>   +#else

That code following here is for loading C extensions: NCI, dynamic opcode
libraries and dynamic classes. How will you load these shared libs, when
you deactivate the loader?

But the first problem we have to address is: where is the runtime stuff.
Your patch just adds one more hardcoded path. We have *first* to do
something for running parrot{,exe} outside it's build dir, e.g.:

$ cd languages/bf

$ make
../../parrot -o bf.pbc bf.pasm
string_set_data_directory: ICU data files not found(apparently) for \
 directory [blib/lib/icu/2.6.1]make: *** [build] Error 1

leo