# New Ticket Created by  Jarkko Hietaniemi
# Please include the string:  [perl #30671]

I ran into various failures with nci.t and object-meths.t I lack the
time and the knowledge to figure out myself, so I'm just reporting them,
by attaching the session log.  It's a script(1) typescript, so it's best
viewed with less or the like.  Why I decided to use that format instead
of a "flat file" is that the unaligned error messages (basically,"soft
segfaults") are not output to stderr but instead to the pty, so they
cannot be captured by normal means. (I'm a little bit confused as to why
don't they just simply dump core so that we could get a stack trace.)

Off-hand, many of the errors have the distinct smell of 32-bit versus
64-bit errors.  If someone could find a 64-bit Athlon or something to
test on, that way we would have the same width and endianness.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special