On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 08:46:52PM -0700, Steve Peters wrote:

> While compiling parrot-current on Win32 last night, I got several warnings for
> unreference local variables.  I also got one warning in interpreter.c
> regarding a conversion from a double to a size_t with a possible loss of
> data.  The offending line is currently line 217
>
> nb = 8;
>
> I don't think that changing it to
>
> nb = (size_t)8;

Hateful ANSI. IIRC a conformant compiler must emit diagnostics on non-
conformant code, but they say nothing about compilers having to be silent
for conformant code. So the compiler isn't naughty to be noisy about this.
Grrrr. Except that 8 isn't a double. So what's the compiler smoking?

We now return you to your usual high signal/noise ratio on perl6-internals.

Nicholas Clark